Saturday, July 9, 2016

Scoopy's Wisconsin Dells, WI

Store front

I admit that my ice cream adventure friend, Steve and I stopped here during the Fourth of July weekend.  We were traveling back from a weekend of canoe camping and hot sun.  We were tired. Crowds of people were not what we desired but we  "needed" ice cream.

My goal was to simply find ice cream.  I resorted to seeing what the GPS system showed in our car.


Scoopy's is located in front of Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf  It's easy to find on the corner of Hwy 13 and Wisconsin Dells Parkway.  You don't have to get into the busy park of the Dells shopping area to find it.   


I'm beginning to notice that many stores carry Chocolate Shoppe ice cream.  Scoopy's does.  The flavor tested here was Exhausted Parent.  I think that's perfect for Wisconsin Dells.  What parent isn't exhausted after spending a fun day here with their family?  This was bourbon spiked espresso ice cream with bittersweet chocolate chunks. MMMMMMM.

It was good ice cream.  The atmosphere was not what I like in an ice cream shop.  If you are looking for a quick place to take your kids for ice cream, this is perfect.  If you are looking for atmosphere, this isn't the place.  This is more of a candy store/gift shop/popcorn factory that happens to have a small ice cream counter.  The attached establishment, Kernel's Popcorn Factory is sweet if flavored popcorn is your thing.
Rainbow Popcorn
If atmosphere is what you crave, you might want to venture down Wisconsin Dells Parkway.  There you will find The Frozen Bear and Belgii's Waffle Bar.  If you are a history fanatic, you can also visit the original Culver's location in WI Dells.

I did not ask for a favorite flavor here but I do have a sweet quote from the candy shop.  "If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate is that considered a balanced diet?"  I figure I can apply that logic to chocolate and vanilla ice cream as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment